Visit the Research Centre at BC Housing to get your free copy of Maintenance Matters 13 – Window and Door Replacement: https://goo.gl/cp5w1g
Windows and doors need ongoing maintenance to ensure good long-term performance. Aging appearance, rising energy costs and condensation are a few of the reasons to consider replacing your windows and doors.
Watch this video and read the publication to learn:
– How to select a replacement contractor
– How to take advantage of efficiency incentive programs
– How to improve natural ventilation provided by windows
– How windows can make your home more secure and keep noise out
– Will the replacement project fix water penetration problems?
– How disruptive will construction be?
– What to do if you have asbestos or lead paint
– Will the improved air tightness affect the potential for back-drafting and carbon monoxide risk in my home?
– With the improved air tightness affect condensation?
– How long with the replacement of doors and windows last?
– What maintenance is required for new windows and doors?
– What types of windows and doors are available?
– How can I choose products that meet energy efficiency standards?
– Answers to key questions before getting started
– Action plan tips
Courtesy of BC Housing Research Centre – see their Construction Links Network member profile here