Ottawa, ON, September 15, 2020 – Statistics released today by the Canadian Real Estate Association (CREA) show national home sales and new listings continued to climb in August 2020.
• National home sales rose 6.2% on a month-over-month (m-o-m) basis in August.
• Actual (not seasonally adjusted) activity was up 33.5% year-over-year (y-o-y).
• The number of newly listed properties climbed 10.6% from July to August.
• The MLS® Home Price Index (HPI) rose 1.7% m-o-m and was up 9.4% y-o-y.
• The actual (not seasonally adjusted) national average sale price posted an 18.5% y-o-y gain in August.
Home sales recorded over Canadian MLS® Systems increased a further 6.2% in August 2020, raising them to another new all-time monthly record.
Courtesy of CREA | ACI
Page 1 of 52